Joey Turner has said that he was mugged by a man claiming to possess a machete over the weekend.
The 19 year old walking through Finsbury Park in London on Saturday night when he was approached by the man, who he says “drove into him” on a bike.
The Only Way Is Essex star Joey took to social media to share the harrowing news with his 29,700 Instagram followers, but quickly reassured fans that he was “okay”.
Taking to Instagram to tell his fans of the news on Saturday night, Joey said: “Just got mugged in Finsbury Park, happy Saturday.”
Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!’s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.
He then returned to social media to thank fans for their support, writing: “I’m okay thanks everyone, things can be replaced by it was just a gross experience :/ [sic]
“He drove into me on his bike and then started threatening me showing me a knife in his pocket and saying he had a machete :/ [sic]“
After receiving floods of messages of support, the star — who emotionally came out as gay to Olivia Attwood on the reality show — admitted he couldn’t face reading the messages straight away.
“Thank you everyone for your messages, i’m not going through/checking DMs right now as i have anxiety and don’t want to be on my phone, thank u all ily [sic].”
Joey joined the cast of the hit ITVBe show in 2019 alongside friends Chloe Brockett, Ella Wise and Kelsey Stratford, with the foursome being embroiled in dramatic storylines seeing them fall out.
Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…
Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star’s lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!
However, it was reported that he had been axed from the show after just one series, but he has continued to appear in a recurring role.
Elsewhere in off-screen drama for the long-running reality series, Bobby Norris has reportedly decided to take a break from the show after 10 years.
He wrote to his 810,000 Instagram followers on Sunday night: “I am VERY sad and surprised that after 10 years the few cast members that have been around nearly as long as me have a problem in speaking up and telling the TRUTH and helping to have my back (which is a shame as I like to think that I have defended every single one of them in their various break ups and fall outs..)
TOWIE stars: Past and present
“Well, NO MORE!! People’s true colours have well and truly been shown tonight.. and it is with a heavy heart that I say after 10 years on the show after next weeks episode I am taking a break from @towie.
“I just cannot be on a show with my compulsive liar ex boyfriend trying to rewrite history and ruing my life as well as turning my friendship group against me [sic].”
However, it is unclear if Bobby will go through with leaving the show as he has since deleted the post on social media.