While even his lawyers and the conservative network begin to question the tycoon’s actions, Attorney General Barr would like to join the US judiciary (who would be neutral) in the legal fight
Outgoing US President Donald Trump has no plans to concede the victory to President-elect Joe Biden. The secretary of the White House press office also reiterated this Kayleigh McEnany during a campaign event at the headquarters of the Republican National Committee on the evening of Monday 9 November. McEnany not only reiterated Trump’s refusal to accept defeat, but also re-launched the leader’s baseless allegations of electoral fraud: Republicans want that “every legal vote is counted and every illegal vote is rejected”, He did know.
Claims so baseless that even the network of conservative mold Fox News, traditionally close to Trump, has decided to stop the live broadcast of McEnany’s briefing. “We must be very clear. It is accusing the other side of welcoming fraud and illegal votes”, he said the presenter of the network Neil Cavuto. “Unless she has more details to support her allegations, I cannot continue to show you this show in good faith “. During the last week, Fox News by Rupert Murdoch has progressively moved away from Trump to inform her audience that the tycoon he lost the presidential election, despite the latter’s claims to the contrary. Fox was also the first television network to declare Biden the winner in the state of Arizona.
However, even though some of the lawyers following his lawsuits against the electoral system also begin have doubts, there are still many Republicans who continue to support Trump’s allegations. The leader of the GOP majority in the Senate Mitch McConnell said on Monday that Trump “has 100% all rightsTo examine alleged voting irregularities, and during a Senate speech he did not recognize Biden as president-elect. On the same day, the US Attorney General, William Barr, authorized federal prosecutors to begin investigating “substantive allegations”Of voting irregularities across the country, in sharp break with the judiciary’s long-standing political neutrality attitude and despite the total lack of evidence that any major fraud was indeed committed.
After Barr’s memorandum to prosecutors, in fact, the chief prosecutor of the Department of Justice for electoral crimes, Richard Pilger, he resigned in protest. In an email addressed to colleagues, Pilger pointed out that the Attorney General was enacting “an important new policy that repeals the forty-year non-interference policy for electoral fraud investigations in the period prior to the elections which become certified and unchallenged“. However, Pilger has not made it clear whether he intends to remain in the Justice Department with another function or not.
It might also interest you
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.wired.it/attualita/politica/2020/11/10/trump-processi-voto-fox-news/
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!