This easy Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is a breeze to make and packed with that cooked-all-day flavor we all love in soups, but without the hassle of having to cook it all day. You can make this in just 15 minutes! Serve with some Garlic Cheese Biscuits or cornbread to complete the meal.
Easy Vegetable Soup (in the Instant Pot!)
Vegetable soup is one of my favorite soup recipes to make throughout the year, but especially in the Fall and Winter months. It’s packed with nutritious ingredients, fills you up, and warms you from the inside out.
Traditionally made in a large pot on the stove, vegetable soup has always been simple to make, but I just upped the ante by cracking the code on perfect Instant Pot Vegetable Soup! Now you can get that simmered-all-day taste without having to stand over your hot stove all day by making it in less than 20 minutes in your pressure cooker.
Serve with a sprinkle of fresh herbs like parsley or thyme and some biscuits or thick, crusty bread to sop up that delicious broth. Enjoy!
You need just a few fresh veggies and pantry staples to make this Instant Pot Vegetable Soup at home, including: extra virgin olive oil, an onion (white, yellow, or sweet), carrots, celery, garlic, russet potatoes (baby red or yellows would also work), a can of fire-roasted tomatoes, bay leaves, chicken broth (low-sodium is preferable), Italian seasoning, fresh or dried parsley, peas, and corn (both can be fresh or frozen).
Garnish with some chopped fresh herbs and some Parmesan cheese, if desired.
How To Make Vegetable Soup in the Instant Pot
- Prep Your Instant Pot: Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot, and set to the SAUTE option.
- Cook the Veggies: Add the chopped onions, carrots and celery and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften. Turn off the Instant Pot and add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Remaining Ingredients: Next pour in the fire roasted tomatoes, potatoes, bay leaves, chicken broth and Italian seasoning. Stir then cover the Instant Pot and set to pressure cook on HIGH for 5 minutes. Allow the steam to naturally release then discard the bay leaves. Stir in the peas and corn and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with parmesan cheese and crusty bread for dipping!
Storage, Freezing, and Reheating Instructions
- Store cooled, leftover homemade vegetable soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freeze cooled soup in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- Reheat from chilled or frozen in the microwave or in a medium-sized pot on the stove until warmed through and simmering.
Tips and Variations
- Top this homemade vegetable soup off with some grated Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs before serving for the perfect finishing touches.
- Add more veggies! This recipe is a great way to clean out the fridge. Squash, zucchini, eggplant, beans, or cauliflower would be delicious.
- Garnish with some crumbled bacon!
- Mix in some meat like diced sausage, cooked ground beef, or cooked ground turkey if you want to make this dish even more filling.
More Soup Recipes To Try
- White Chicken Chili
- Lasagna Soup
- Easy Ham and Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Turkey Tortilla Soup
- Thai Coconut Soup
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
This easy Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is a breeze to make and packed with that cooked-all-day flavor we all love in soups, but without the hassle of having to cook it all day. You can make this in just 15 minutes!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 4 ribs celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 15.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into medium dice
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- parmesan cheese for serving, if desired
Add oil to the Instant Pot and set to the SAUTE option.
Add in onions, carrots and celery and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables start to get a nice color on them.
Turn off the Instant Pot and add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Next pour in the fire roasted tomatoes, potatoes, bay leaves, chicken broth and Italian seasoning. Stir then cover the Instant Pot and set to pressure cook on HIGH for 5 minutes.
Allow the steam to naturally release then discard the bay leaves.
Stir in the peas and corn and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately with parmesan cheese and crusty bread for dipping!
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
Amount Per Serving
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Vitamin A 7458IU149%
Vitamin C 22mg27%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.