Gogglebox fans have said they’re “gutted” at the show’s decision to review Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s interview with Oprah Winfrey, with some even saying that they will “turn off” the Channel 4 programme.
It has been revealed ahead of tonight’s show that the reality programme will cover the controversial interview, as well as Piers Morgan storming off Good Morning Britain following a disagreement with his co-star Alex Beresford about his comments about Meghan.
TV critic Scott Bryan confirmed the popular show will review the drama on Twitter.
Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!’s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.
He wrote: “FYI: Gogglebox *will* be reviewing the Harry and Meghan Oprah interview, as well as what happened with Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain. This Friday night at 9pm.”
But the news had many Gogglebox fans sharing their sadness, with one saying they were “gutted”. They wrote: “Gutted!! As I love #Gogglebox but thanks for the heads up…. will give this Fridays one a miss”.
Another shared: “Please God NOOOOO! Haven’t we already had enough of this. I don’t want to switch off Gogglebox. This Oprah stuff is getting boring very quickly”. While a third added: “Cheers for the heads up. This allows me to miss it twice”.
But other fans couldn’t hide their excitement at the thought of seeing their favourite telly watchers sharing their opinions on this week’s drama with one writing: “Omg I must watch this”.
Another added: “We’re in for a treat tonight!!“ While a third said: “I never thought I’d be someone who would watch TV to watch people watching TV but here we are and I am BUZZING for this!”
More than 12 million viewers tuned in earlier this week to watch Harry and Meghan’s sit down with Oprah in California.
The broadcast was viewed by more than half of people watching TV across the UK at that time.
The actual interview was filmed in the garden of a mutual neighbour’s house, but the couple did also allow the cameras briefly into their Montecito home to show off their chicken coop.
Harry and Meghan moved to Los Angeles in March 2020. Before settling at their Montecito abode, which is north of LA, the pair and their son Archie lived at Hollywood director Tyler Perry’s $18 million mansion in Beverly Hills.
Tyler offered the couple the use of his home as Meghan says they “didn’t have a plan” when they first moved to the US last year.
The former actress says the kind offer from Tyler “gave us breathing room to try to figure out what we were going to do”.